Home Watch Services Provided By
Annapolis Home Concierge
Through regularly scheduled visits to your home with our Home Watch Services, we complete thorough property checks. These visual inspections are customized to your specific property and your specific needs. At each visit, we cycle the water which includes flushing toilets, and running water in sinks, tubs, and showers, to keep the drain traps wet so there are no smells or drain flies, checking for visible leaks. We also run the dishwasher and washing machine regularly. Ceilings, visible walls, and baseboards are also inspected for signs of water or other damage. Every sink is checked, looking for leaks and insect infestation. We are trained to identify irregularities and to catch a damaging situation in the early stages.
When we discover an issue, we immediately notify you. From there, you can instruct us on how to proceed. In addition to providing a referral from out preferred provider list , we are glad to work with your service providers.
Below are examples of our exterior and interior home watch checklists.
Exterior Home Watch Checklist
- Check to ensure lawn maintenance is performed
- Visual checks of outdoor light fixtures
- Exterior check including AC units, fence, and mailbox
- Ensure the security of all entrances.
- Check for evidence of forced entry vandalism, theft, or damage
- Inspection of all outside faucets and hoses for leaks
- Remove newspapers, flyers, packages, mail, or other evidence of non-occupancy
- Look at the roof and gutters from the ground
- Visual inspection of the yard/ landscaping to assure regular maintenance
- Walk entire perimeter
- Check screens for tears/rips
- Check fireplace – exterior
- Check garage area and garage door
Interior Home Watch Checklist
- Check all windows and doors to ensure they are locked, secured, and show no signs of vandalism or interior leaks
- Visual check for signs of water damage, mold, and mildew
- Look in and around sinks, toilets, and hot water heaters for signs of leaks or mildew damage
- Check and run water in sinks, tubs, and showers
- Physically inspect drains for water in all sinks, toilets, and laundry sink
- Run garbage disposal
- Check the hot water heater for any signs of leakage
- Look for evidence of pests, rodents, or bugs
- Run the short cycle dishwasher, washing machine, and garbage disposal
- Record thermostat settings and test the A/C system
- Check and replace smoke alarm batteries.
- Inspect refrigerator and freezers for proper temp and operation
- Reset clocks after a power outage
- Check ceilings and skylights for any signs of roof leaks
- Check laundry room/washing machine for leaks
- Flush and brush all toilets
We use proprietary software that provides customers with detailed property information including:
- Findings based on a checklist, customized to your needs.
- The time and GPS location when your home was visited.
- Attached are pictures of the property, including issues that require attention
- A detailed real-time report emailed to you at the conclusion of our check.