Trust, Reliability, Security, and Peace of Mind are the Cornerstones of Annapolis Home Concierge
The Home Watch Association describes Home Watch as “a visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues.”
Through regular scheduled visits to your home we complete thorough property checks. The visual inspections are customized to your specific property. Our team conducts a basic check of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems, as well as the overall condition of the home and property, inside and out. We view your home with a trained eye to ensure that everything is satisfactory. For example, we check for leaks, pests, and mold, all of which can be present in homes left alone for even the shortest interval. If we find an issue or potential problem, you the homeowner, is immediately notified. From there, you can instruct us as to how you want us to proceed. We are glad to work with your service providers. We can also make a recommendation from our preferred service provider list. See below for examples our exterior and interior property checklists. Please note property checklists are customized to each customer’s home and needs.
Exterior Home Watch Check
- Check to ensure lawn maintenance is performed
- Visual check of outdoor light fixtures
- Exterior check including AC units, fence, and mailbox
- Ensure all entrances are secure: visual check for evidence of forced entry vandalism, theft or damage
- Check all outside faucets and hoses for leaks
- Removal of newspapers, flyers, packages, mail or other evidence of non-occupancy
- Visual inspection of the roof and gutters from the ground
- Visual inspection of the yard/ landscaping to assure regular maintenance
- Walk entire perimeter
- Check screens for tears/rips
- Check fireplace – exterior
- Check garage area and garage door
Interior Home Watch Check
- Check all windows and doors to ensure they are locked, secured, and show no signs of vandalism or interior leaks
- Visual check for signs of water damage, mold, and mildew
- Check around sinks, toilets, and hot water heater for signs of leaks or mildew damage
- Check and run water in sinks (including garbage disposal), tubs, and showers
- Physically inspect drains for water in all sinks, toilets, and laundry sink
- Run garbage disposal
- Check the hot water heater for any signs of leakage
- Visual inspection for evidence of pests, rodents, or bugs
- Short cycle dishwasher and washing machine
- Check thermostat and test A/C system
- Check and replace smoke alarm batteries. Batteries, must be stocked by the owner before leaving.
- Check refrigerator and freezers for proper temp and operation
- Make sure icemaker is in ‘Off’ position
- Reset clocks after a power outage
- Check ceilings and skylights for any signs of roof leaks
- Check laundry room for leaks
- Flush and brush all toilets to limit hard water ring
- Check laundry room for leaks
We use a proprietary software that provides customers with detailed property information including:
- Findings based on a checklist, customized to your needs.
- The time and GPS location when your home was visited.
- Attached pictures of the property, including issues that require attention
- A detailed real-time report emailed to you at the conclusion of our check .